Sunday, June 24, 2012

One More Week!


We're getting ready for our last week in Louisiana!  Which is pretty freaking ridiculous to think about, haha.  We're trying to get things squared away and ready for the move, but we're still taking things a day at a time.

We got approved for an apartment, but it comes with a 14 month lease (14?!) which makes me a little nervous.  I already don't like the idea of an apartment to begin with (it's hard with two dogs who are used to having a fenced in backyard...), so I definitely don't want to get stuck there for 14 months.

So we're looking into just throwing our stuff in storage for a month and finding a furnished place to stay throughout July.  That would give us the month to get to know the area better and hopefully find a house we'll be happy in.  We are very ready to settle down for a bit, so we would rather take this month to find something more permanent than just getting an apartment and taking it from there.  I just want to feel settled after this whirlwind of a year.  I want to be able to decorate and garden without knowing that I'm just going to leave it in a matter months.  Now we just need to find a furnished place for July in the next two days...

We're trying not to stress and worry because we know that does us no good.  (And we know, worst case scenario, we do the apartment thing and just deal with it.)  But it's gets a little stressful at times and led to some tension this week.  I just hate that it (the stress of trying to find a place to live) consumes so much of my thinking.  I spend hours scouring the internet for prospective homes, sending emails, making phone calls, etc.  It's exhausting.  I know it's come to the point where I just have to  make a decision and go with it, but I know I'll still end up waiting until the very last second before that decision is made.  You never know what can happen.  So what if we'll be in Asheville a week from today and we still don't know where we're going to live?  No biggie.  We got this.  It will all work out.  It always does, right?

The past two weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions.  We are beyond excited to get to Asheville.  To the point where we almost feel as if we're in purgatory right now, just waiting.  We've done all we can from afar in regards to job searches, so we're just waiting to get there so that we can actually go into places, drop off resumes, etc.  We miss the boys like crazy, and they are SO excited for us to get there.  I feel like a kid who found all the hidden Christmas presents a month before Christmas.  We know what amazing, fun things await, but we can't have it just yet.

To help with our patience (and, admittedly, our sanity) we've been doing a lot of soul searching and feeding the past two weeks.  Since I'm on summer break, my schedule is wide open, so I've been spending a lot of time meditating, praying, and journaling.  So has Dustin.  We realize how important this time in our lives is and that we have the freedom and ability to basically go wherever we want to go with it.  We're going to have countless opportunities before us, so we've spent a lot of quiet time focusing on what it is we truly want.  Then we just examine the opportunities before us.  (For example, I'm seriously considering apply for this job managing a used furniture warehouse.  I'd basically get to go through discarded household items, find things that are salvageable, and then get creative with it and resell it.  How awesome would that be!  I'd get to redo old furniture all day long!)  We know we need to stay realistic, and school is basically number one for both of us right now, so we're just looking into things that could maybe be a welcomed change of pace.

Dustin and I realize the challenges that we are up against, but we also realize that we are in control of making this situation whatever we want it to be.  We've been reading a lot about blessing unfavorable situations/people, so we have our list of blessings that we read through every day.  We bless our move to Asheville, our job searches, our house hunting, etc.  instead of letting fear take control causing thoughts of worry and anxiety, we focus on the inner peace we have knowing that we will be taken care of and that good things will come from this move.  We truly believe that we are meant to be in Asheville and that living there will enhance basically every area of our lives. We believe that our thoughts create our reality and that if we focus our minds on nothing but thoughts of prosperity, love, and joy, then nothing but that will ensue in our lives.

So keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next week as we finalize our plans for North Carolina.  Pray for things to fall into place and for the move to go smoothly.

Due to all the meditating and writing I've been doing lately, I finally decided to get a spiritual blog going that I've been thinking about for a long time.  Those of you who know me well know that I'm a deeply spiritual person who strives to do nothing but good in life.  So travel over to Soliloquy of the Soul as we discover together how to be happy and do good things in the world.  I'm still working on getting some articles up, so be patient with me! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment