Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Band Practice!


Last night we had “band practice” at our house.  Our friend Morgan is a beautiful singer and songwriter, and we’ve started jamming together.  She has a lot of original songs we’re working on and some other fun covers, too.  We all played at an open mic last week at Firestorm (this cute little bookstore/café downtown, where Sarah (Rebecca’s sister) works).  Morgan was offered a gig there, so she asked us to play with her.  So we’re booked for Friday, March 8th!

It feels SO GOOD to be singing again.  And I’m honored to get to sing with someone like Morgan!  That girl can sing, and she inspires me to be a better singer.  I’ve noticed over the last week or two that I’m just happier when I’m singing.  My friend Julie was over last night for practice, too, and she said how beautiful and glowing I was and how I had to sing more.  I was kind of shocked considering I hadn’t showered in two days, was still in my pajamas (furry purple and pink slippers and all…), and really didn’t know what was going on with my hair. 

This music feels really good.  My voice was meant to harmonize with Morgan’s.  It’s amazing how easy and naturally it all comes.  And then I get to look over and see my gorgeous husband strumming along on the guitar.  Makes my soul happy!!

So yeah, I’m singing at a little coffee shop in downtown Asheville next month.  With Dustin and one of my new bffs.  Pretty freaking cool. J

Here’s a tiny taste.  It was the only one we remembered to record.  This was Morgan introducing a new song to us.  Simple, cute, and profound.

Yay music!


No comments:

Post a Comment